Forest Lawn Memorial Park is a cemetery in Los Angeles which is the final resting place of Walt Disney.
Following his death in 1966, Walt’s remains were cremated and a burial plot was established in the eastern section of the park as a memorial. His parents Flora and Elias, wife Lillian, brothers Raymond and Roy, and daughter Sharon are also memorialized in this park.
Other notable Disney related people that are buried at Forest Lawn:
- Frank Churchill (1901–1942): composer with notable work on the music of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1938), Dumbo (1941), and Bambi (1942).
- Winston Hibler (1910–1976): screenwriter with notable work on Alice in Wonderland (1951) and Peter Pan (1953).
- Eustace Lycett (1914–2006): special effects artist who worked early Disneyland attractions as well as Disney films including Mary Poppins (1964), Bedknobs and Broomsticks (1971), Freaky Friday (1976), and Pete’s Dragon (1977).
- Jimmy MacDonald (1906–1991): original head of the Disney sound effects department and second voice of Mickey Mouse from 1948-1977.
- Bill Walsh (1913–1975): writer and producer with notable work on The Absent-Minded Professor (1961), Mary Poppins (1964), The Love Bug (1969), and Bedknobs and Broomsticks (1971).
- Michael Jackson (1958–2009): Star of the Captain EO attraction
1712 S Glendale Ave, Glendale, CA 91205