This is the second of a two-part series chronicling every location that Walt Disney ever lived in. Check out the first part here.
This part II brings us to the timeline starting from his move out west to make it big in Hollywood until his untimely death in 1966.
Each location in the below list links to a page that details major events in Walt’s life at that time and tells the story of his life in California, where the most well-known part of his career took place.
Click each address to read more about how the location was played a significant role in his life and don’t forget to check out our Part I post here.
- 1923: Walt arrives in Hollywood from Kansas City.
- 1923: 4406 Kingswell Ave, Los Angeles, CA
- 1923-1925: 4409 Kingswell Ave, Los Angeles, CA
- 1925-1926: 4637 Melbourne Ave, Los Angeles, CA
- 1926-1927: 1307 N. Commonwealth Ave, Los Angeles, CA
- 1927-1932: 2495 Lyric Ave, Los Angeles, CA
- 1932-1950: 4053 Woking Way, Los Angeles, CA
- 1950-1966: 355 N Carolwood Dr, Los Angeles, CA
- 1966: Walt’s final resting place at Forest Lawn Memorial Park
Walt had a few pied-à-terres:
- Walt’s Disneyland residence built in 1955: 105 Town Square, Main Street, Disneyland, U.S.A.
- Walt’s owned two homes in Smoke Tree Ranch (addresses unknown), one built in 1948 and on in 1957.
- Another Palm Springs escape, built in 1962: 2688 S Camino Real, Palm Springs, CA
Check it out and let us know what you think in the comments below or on any of the individual location pages!